Each Monday we will post updates for the week.
These updates will repeat much of what you find in
This Week at St. Paul’s
and additional information.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
St. Paul’s ECW Bazaar
Well … first the greatest news! Our 2021 Fall Bazaar is on! Everyone is working hard, and very excited.
Now … the not unexpected, but challenging news. Due to rising Covid numbers, we have made some adjustments to our 2021 Bazaar.
1. We will not be having inside in-person sales. We will add “nice” kitchen, Christmas and jewelry/accessory items to the online auction. These are items that can start with a $15 bid.
2. All other items from those three rooms will go to 2nd Go Round, which will be now be held outside under a tent.
3. Our online sales will go live on Friday, Oct. 15 and close on Saturday, Oct. 30 at 9pm.
4. All preordered/prepaid items will be pickup on Friday, Nov. 12! We will follow the same pickup system as last year. The public will not be in the Parish Hall. This pickup day is one day earlier that usual so please plan accordingly.
5. On Saturday, Nov. 13 we will have our outside 2nd Go Round, under the big tent.
6. We will not be serving lunch this year. Our lunch committee felt it was not a good idea to bring too many folks into the kitchen to prepare food, but they are already thinking about next year.
We will send out more info later, but we wanted you to be aware of these changes.
Just a few more things:
Our chairpersons need to hear from you! For the Country Store, Frozen Foods, Baked Goods, Unique Treasures and Art Auction, Bedazzled Jewelry, Fine Kitchenware, and Haute Holiday, we need all items in hand by October 1st so that we can take pictures of them for online sales. That leaves us less than 10 days to pivot and rework our plan. The list of chairpersons is below.
Let’s get going!
Thank you all for your amazing work on the Bazaar. With the money we raise we will do God’s work in our community.
Laura and Cindy
Calling all artists and shoppers-the bazaar needs you! We have and continue to receive amazing contributions from folks’ china cabinets for the bazaar’s auction. We need your artwork, too. Last year our artists really helped boost bazaar coffers and enhanced the homes of lucky buyers. Please help us repeat history.
We hope you will be generous again and purchase something from a local business for the auction. Each gift certificate went for more than the value in 2020. Let’s do that again. So far we have gift certificates donated by a parishioner to Aqua and to Clawson’s. We also have Polish pottery items purchased from Ginny Gordon’s Gifts and
Drop your donations off at the church office. Call Sarah Jo Safrit at 252-241-4615 if you have questions, want suggestions or need your donation picked up.
The Frozen Foods Committee is gearing up for another successful sale at the bazaar. We will focus on tried-and-true favorites that have sold well in the past.
Again this year, frozen foods will be sold online starting October 15 – everything will be pre-ordered and pre-paid before the bazaar.
We will be calling parishioners who have provided frozen dishes in the past. If you are new to St. Paul and would like to participate, please reach out to one of us to discuss what you might make.
We will need these foods:
- Soups and stews, such as chili, Brunswick stew, chowder, beef or chicken with rice or noodles, and some vegetarian soups. Plan to cook at least 5 quarts of each item.
- Casseroles such as quiches, ravioli, enchiladas, breakfast casseroles, pot pies. Each casserole should serve at least 4-6. Plan to cook at least 5 of your item.
YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE QUART CONTAINERS (STACKABLE) AND CASSEROLE CONTAINERS.
EVERY CONTAINER WILL NEED A STANDARD ST. PAUL LABEL, WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE BACK PORCH OF THE OFFICE BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 12.
FOODS MUST BE FROZEN SOLID WHEN DELIVERED TO THE CHURCH.
Frozen items can be brought to the Parish Hall on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, November 8-10, from 10:00-12:00.
Let’s get started! Frozen Foods is a big money-maker for Bazaar, and we look forward to working with our wonderful St. Paul cooks.
ECW Bazaar Co-Chairs
Finance and Technology
Mary Duane Hale
Unique Treasures and Arts
Sarah Jo Safrit
Assisted by: Doris McMullen, Carol Sadler, Alicia Ragsdale, Donna Ivey, and Trish Shepherd, Jimmy Pake
Assisted by: Diane Meelheim and Vicki Morris
Assisted by: Norma Gardner
Pastoral Care Please contact the office at 252-728-3324 if you have a pastoral emergency. For all other needs or questions please email email@example.com.